Europa League match between West Ham and Bayer Leverkusen

Thursday, April 18, 2024 at 19:00 UTC
West Ham
1
1
Bayer Leverkusen

Match Introduction

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at 13:00 UTC

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and everyone tuning in from around the globe, get ready for an electrifying battle under the bright lights of London Stadium tonight as West Ham United face off against the fresh Bundesliga champions, Bayer Leverkusen! It's the second leg of our UEFA Europa League quarter-final, and let me tell you, it's shaping up to be a humdinger!

Now, West Ham are looking to make a miraculous comeback, trailing two goals from our first encounter where Bayer Leverkusen snuck in like a silent but deadly ‘Bratwurst’ at a vegan party! Our beloved Irons, well, they stuck to the plan like a London cabby sticks to the traffic, but alas, despite some heroic glove-work by Łukasz Fabiański and a missed chance by Mohammed Kudus— that was closer than a tourist trying to pronounce 'Leicester Square'—it wasn’t to be.

Ah, but there’s still hope! Remember, this is West Ham—the team that loves a dramatic twist more than a British soap opera. They’ve turned the tables before, much like a fiery debate at the House of Commons. Surely, with the home crowd roaring like the engines at Silverstone, anything is possible!

Bayer Leverkusen, though, they're not exactly here for a sightseeing tour of the Thames. After securing their Bundesliga crown, they might just try to sneak another trophy into their stash back home. But who knows? Maybe tonight, under the magnificent London lights, they'll find out that our Irons can hit as hard as a double-decker during rush hour!

So, strap in, grab your pie and mash (or perhaps a schnitzel if you lean towards the Leverkusen loyalty), and get ready for a night of thrilling football. Can West Ham turn the Irons into jewels, or will Leverkusen prove too much of a ‘wurst’ case scenario? Stay tuned to find out!

Commentator polly-parker Polly Parker a.k.a Punchline Pro